Making an offer on an owner-financed home in Houston TX
How to make an owner financing offer on the home of your dreams without any need for credit check or income verification
Prospective home buyers are usually curious about how our system makes it possible for credit-challenged people to buy any home in Texas with owner financing.
They want to know how they can make an owner financing offer on the home of their dreams without any need for credit check or income verification.
The reality is that making an offer with owner financing is no different from making an offer with a conventional mortgage.
How does our system work?
In the most common type of owner financing arrangement, you deal directly with the home owner. In other words, the owner seller finances the home to you. However in our system, you don’t buy directly from the seller. An investor from our network will buy any home you want in Houston in the traditional way and owner finance it to you.
- In our system, you can get owner financing on any home.
- Owner financing terms with regard to loan type (fixed rate or variable rate), interest rate, repayment plan, consequences of default and refinancing are more or less the same as the mortgage terms that the borrowers are offered by traditional lenders.
How to make an offer on an owner-financed home
As already mentioned, you will hardly notice any difference when buying a home with owner financing.
- As soon as an investor from our network buys a home on your behalf, you would make the down payment in two installments – Right after option and before closing.
- You will work with a real estate agent (at no charge as the seller will pay the realtor commission). You can find your dream using our advanced search functionality. Alternatively our agent will pull up listing data from the MLS (multiple listing service) based on your budget and preferences. Our agent will coordinate with the listing agent (who is representing the seller) and schedule showings for you. Once you zero in on a home, we would compare home prices in your target neighborhood and come up with an offer price. Our agent will draw up an offer and present it to the seller.
- The agent will also negotiate with the seller and help you deal with all the legal and financial formalities. Our agent will collect the mandatory seller disclosure documents from the seller. In the document, the seller discloses all the known material defects with the property.
Ready to buy an owner financed home in Houston? Browse the featured listings below or use our comprehensive advanced search to find your dream home. Fill up the contact form on the property listing page or set an appointment. A realtor from Shop Owner Finance will get in touch with you promptly.