Universal City, TX Owner-Financed & Rent-to-Own Homes (No Credit)
Just a little over 19 miles northeast of downtown San Antonio sits one of the most family-friendly suburbs, Universal City. The proximity to Randolph Air Base makes it a hotspot for military personnel, veterans, retirees, and their families. It is next-door neighbors to Schertz and Live Oak so residents here can also enjoy the finest amenities in these areas as well.
Universal City’s housing market can be challenging for borrowers with poor credit or unverifiable income. But it’s no reason to opt for no-credit-check alternatives such as rent-to-own. Owner-financing in Universal City or anywhere within the 78148 and 78150 zip code areas allows you to get a home like a bank-approved buyer. There are no balloon payments or income verifications for this type of arrangement. All credit qualifies in this system.
This guide will help you learn how to leverage owner-financing to get the home of your choice in Universal City regardless of your credit situation.
Why Buy an Owner-financed Home in Universal City, TX?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider buying a home in Universal City:
- Universal City is considered an affordable housing market with a median listing price of $290,000. But homebuyers have diverse options with prices that range from $150,000 to $1,500,000.
- You will find about 45 houses listed for sale here and these properties stay on the market for 40-60 days. This gives homebuyers enough time to shop around for the perfect home.
- Universal City is home to several family-friendly attractions like the Rush Fun Park which features dodgeball, obstacle courses, and trampolines, among other kid-friendly attractions.
- It’s home to the largest privately-owned youth sports and athletic center in Southcentral Texas, the Alamo City Sportsplex. Here, kids can enjoy leagues & tournaments, after-school programs, sports clinics, performance training sessions, and physical therapy
- Restaurants offer a wide range of cuisines including Asian, traditional Mexican, and Italian.
- The 20-minute commute to downtown San Antonio means quick, convenient access to great food and world-class attractions such as the Alamo and the River Walk.
- Universal City is home to 11 acclaimed public schools including Crestview Elementary, Ray D. Corbett Junior High, and Samuel Clemens High.
Most Popular Universal City Neighborhoods for Owner-Financed Homes
Zip Code: 78148
Olympia is one of the most popular residential spots around Universal City. Homebuyers get to take their pick of any of the diverse designs and since the neighborhood is mostly car-dependent, residents here enjoy spacious driveways and sprawling green lots.
Zip Code: 78148
Newcomers to the San Antonio suburbs cite Remington Place as one of the top neighborhoods on their list because of newly-constructed properties that come at modest price points. Homes here come in varying designs so buyers who are still undecided on the type of home they want have plenty of options to choose from.
Zip Code: 78148
Homeowners looking for the peace and quiet of traditional suburbs can feel right at home here in Heritage Hills. This tight-knit community features only 133 homes that come in different designs and sizes. Lots here also come in larger cuts giving homeowners more than enough room to enjoy their backyard in whatever way they want to.
More Universal City Neighborhoods to Get Owner-Financed Homes
Old Rose Garden
Oro De Coronado
Golden Pond Estates
How to Buy an Owner-financed Home in Universal City, TX
There are many no-credit-check programs available in the Universal City housing market including rent-to-own. But owner financing stands out from these programs since it gives owners the flexibility to get any home of their choice anywhere in Universal City (as long as it’s in a loanable condition). There is no pressure to pay early with an amortization period of up to 30 years and it reports monthly payments to major credit bureaus. Since this helps you rebuild credit, you can refinance with a lender any time you want.
Interested in learning more? Set an appointment with us today!