Stephenville, TX rent-to-own & owner-financed homes (no credit)
Stephenville, otherwise known as the “Cowboy Capital of the World”, “City of Champions”, and “The Other Live Music Capital of the World” is located 70 miles southwest of Fort Worth. It's the county seat of Erath county. It is one hour southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth, and like Cleburne and Weatherford, locals have easy access to urban amenities while being far away from the big-city commotion. The median listing price is around $260K with listings ranging from $155K to $9M with 100-200 homes available for sale. However, competition can get a bit tight because of the number of people looking to buy but the listings stay on the market for over 50 days on average which should be enough time for you to find the home of your choice as long as you’re financially prepared.
In this guide, you will learn how to buy a no-credit-check home in Stephenville or anywhere around the 76401 and 76402 zip code areas with owner financing. You will also have free access to all the homes listed for sale in Stephenville and learn how you can buy any of these homes with owner financing.
NTREIS data last updated February 27, 2024.
Why Buy an Owner-Financed Home in Stephenville, TX (76401, 76402)?
The following Stephenville real estate market overview will help you decide if the city is the right home buying destination for you and your family:
- The median listing price hovers around $260K; however, you will be able to find listings ranging from $155K to $9M.
- This city has been a seller’s market for a couple of months. There are 100-200 houses available for sale that stay on the market for about 50 days on average—however, this is a metric that changes frequently.
- Stephenville has plenty of job opportunities with an unemployment rate lower than that of the US average. It has seen the job market increase over the last year and the future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 38.8%
- Along with rodeos, music festivals, and other outdoor recreation—Stephenville has so many restaurant options and food stalls that offer comfort food that residents adore. Jake and Dorothy’s Cafe is among the most popular and has been serving up chicken-fried steaks since 1948.
- The neighborhoods are great for raising children because of the friendly people and helpful community spirit; there are also kid-friendly amenities and events, and quality schools that are easily accessible within the area.
Most Popular Stephenville Neighborhoods for Owner-Financed Homes
Old Town Stephenville
This historic town in the county seat of Erath features Oxford and Victorian-era homes with a rural vibe to it. Locals and visitors alike get to enjoy the best of Texas culture with regular rodeos, live music, and other cultural events.
Crockett Creek Estates
The magnificent views, lush greeneries, and horse-friendly soil make Crockett Creek Estates a peaceful hideaway from all the city buzz. But should residents feel the need, this quiet neighborhood is just minutes away from shopping destinations, restaurants, medical facilities, & schools.
On the outskirts of Stephenville lies an affluent neighborhood for those who enjoy the peace and quiet of the suburbs. Mountain Lakes’ onsite amenities give residents a slice of Texas living at its finest while offering a short 20-minute drive to downtown Stephenville.
Other Areas to Buy Owner-Financed Homes in Stephenville
Golf Country Estates
River North Addition
Timber Creek Estates
Best Places to Buy a Home Near Stephenville
How to buy a no credit home in Stephenville with owner financing (76401, 76402)
It’s possible to buy a no credit check home in Stephenville with third-party owner financing. The good news is that you can buy any home listed for sale – an option that is not available with rent-to-own and owner-to-owner financing. Get in touch to learn more.