Second Ward, Houston TX ‘owner-financed’ & rent-to-own homes
High housing affordability, close proximity to Downtown Houston and other prominent business centers, diversity, and excellent family-friendly amenities are some of the features that make Second Ward – one of the six wards in Houston – very popular among home buyers. You can easily find a 3-bedroom single-family home for $300,000 or less. As with its neighbors in the Greater Fifth Ward, Greater Third Ward, and Denver Harbor/Port Houston, Downtown is less than 7 minutes away.
If you are looking to buy a home in Second Ward, but struggling with credit, we – here at Shop Owner Finance – can help you learn how to buy any home here with owner financing – regardless of your credit or situation.
In this guide, you will get access to all the homes listed for sale in Second Ward and nearby areas (77003 & 77011). We will also discuss how you can buy any of these homes with owner financing.
Some interesting facts about the Second Ward real estate market (77003 & 77011)
Here are a few reasons why you should consider buying a home in Second Ward:
- Close proximity to Downtown Houston and other prominent business districts is one of the biggest advantages of living in Second Ward. Downtown is within 7 minutes, Energy Corridor 25 minutes, Galleria 15 minutes, and Texas Medical Center 16 minutes.
- There are plenty of public schools zoned to the area. Some of the most notable ones include Tijerina Elementary School, The Rusk School, Burnet Elementary School, The Rusk School, Jackson Middle School, Edison Middle School, East Early College High School, and Middle College High School At Hcc Fraga.
- The median listing price ranges from $300,000 - $400,000.
- You will find nearly 80-120 single-family homes listed for sale here most weeks.
- Second Ward is one of the six historic wards in Houston. The area features a rich history of cultural, ethnic, and religious diversity.
- After the 2008 recession, the area went through a massive transformation. Commercial, as well as residential redevelopment, is taking place in many smaller neighborhoods. This mix of history and recent developments offers families a wide range of home buying options. You can easily find established homes as well as new constructions.
Best Places to Buy a Home Near The Second Ward
How to buy an owner financed home in Second Ward
Buying a home in Second Ward can be challenging if you don’t qualify for a conventional mortgage due to reasons such as foreign nationality, financial missteps in the past or self-employment.
If you’ve saved enough for a down payment (a minimum of 15-20%), we can help you learn how to get owner financing on any home in Second Ward or anywhere else in Houston for that matter. You can pay off your owner financing loan in 30 years at reasonable interest rates or refinance any time you want with a conventional lender without worrying about pre-payment penalties. There are no balloon payments, credit check or income verification.
Interested in buying a home in 77003 & 77011?