Odessa, TX Owner-Financed & Rent-to-Own Homes (No Credit)
Odessa is a city in Ector County located just a few miles away from Midland. It may have gotten its fair share of the spotlight thanks to the film, Friday Night Lights, but there’s more to love about this town than what the movie led on. There are quite a number of reasons to love living here but most longtime locals cite the low cost of living, diverse housing options, and abundance of amenities as the main reasons for calling this city, home.
Although a favorite destination for families and young professionals, Odessa reflects a fairly affordable housing market with homes typically valued at $270,000. Those who struggle with conventional lender approvals can opt for an owner financing arrangement in Odessa or anywhere around the major zip code areas of 79760, 79761, and 79762 zip code areas to get that dream home without worrying about the stringent requirements. Like a bank-approved homebuyer, this arrangement offers benefits including a 30- year amortization period, immediate homeownership, and access to all available properties in the market.
This guide will help you learn how to leverage owner-financing to buy the home of your choice in Odessa regardless of your credit situation.
NTREIS data last updated September 25, 2023.
Why Buy an Owner-financed Home in Odessa, TX?
Here are a few reasons why should consider buying a home in Odessa:
- Odessa boasts one of the more affordable housing markets in West Texas with a median listing price of $270,000.
- There are close to 1,200 homes available here regularly and buyers can easily shop around for a home of their choice depending on their needs, preferences, and budget.
- The city has a strong job market in the key industries of oil, gas, energy manufacturing, and transportation. Major companies such as Chevron, Anthem Oil & Gas, Halliburton, and Champion Gas are some of the major competitors in the metro area.
- The city enjoys an average of 260 sunny days every year, about 50 times more than the national average. It also has about 15 inches of rain and 2 inches of snow.
- Odessa has several open spaces for sporting and recreation including one that accommodates special needs kids, complete with toys and other amenities that are all wheel-chair accessible.
- Odessa is home to a collective of top-rated schools including El Magnet at Reagan Elementary, Compass Academy Charter School, UTPB STEM Academy, and Odessa Career & Technical Early College Highschool.
More Odessa Zip Code Areas to buy Owner Financed Homes
How to Buy an Owner-financed Home in Odessa, TX
Homebuyers who struggle to secure mortgage approvals through a conventional lender can opt for an owner financing arrangement to get the home of their choice in the greater Odessa area. This arrangement offers all the benefits a conventional loan has and more since monthly payments to major credit bureaus so buyers can rebuild their credit and refinance through a conventional lender. It’s different from rent-to-own because buyers get immediate homeownership while having the flexibility to choose from any property listed in the market, granted it's in a loanable condition.
Interested in learning more? Set an appointment with us today!