Lufkin, TX Owner-Financed & Rent-to-Own Homes (No Credit)
Lufkin is the largest city and the county seat of Angelina. It sits right at the heart of the Texas Forest Country with convenient routes to east Houston’s gems like Anahuac, Mont Belvieu, and Baytown. The population is quickly growing to 40,000 but Lufkin surprisingly remains attractive to growing families and retirees for its peaceful community vibe. While the city is mainly comprised of residential spaces with sprawling green lots, it also has a striking blend of outdoor recreation, cultural venues, shopping destinations, and quality healthcare facilities.
There are about 300 homes listed in Lufkin but not everyone gets to secure a mortgage through conventional lenders because of poor credit or unverifiable income. You can consider exploring a unique third-party owner financing arrangement in Lufkin or anywhere around the surrounding zip code areas of 75901, 75902, 75903, 75904, or 75915. This arrangement allows you to choose any property with a 30-year amortization period and fixed monthly rates.
This guide will help you learn how to leverage owner-financing to make you get your dream home in Lufkin regardless of your credit situation:
NTREIS data last updated December 8, 2023.
Why Buy an Owner-financed Home in Lufkin, TX?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider buying a home in Lufkin:
- Longtime locals and residents shopping around for a home in the area cite housing affordability as one of the main reasons for moving here with homes typically valued at $250,000.
- There are about 300 homes on the market regularly and buyers have enough time to find the home of their choice as these properties stay listed on the market for about 50-60 days.
- The city calendar is filled with a host of events celebrating the history, culture, and Lufkin’s strong sense of community. These include the Texas Forestry Museum Camp, the annual 4th of July Barbecue Party, as well as the Carole King Musical presented by the county’s Arts Alliance.
- Lufkin is home to several venues for some family-friendly adventure and entertainment with several attractions such as the Ellen Trout Zoo and the Angelina National Forest.
- The city is also home to one of Texas’ best spots for bass fishing, the Sam Rayburn Lake.
- Golfing aficionados can enjoy some top-notch putting at the Crown Colony Country Club.
- Diverse retail and dining destinations in and around the city have given Lufkin the distinction of being a regional hub for shopping in the Texas Forest Country.
- Being at the heart of east Texas offers quick access to fresh air in the surrounding wooded areas
- City amenities and conveniences are easily accessible within 15 minutes or less.
- Lufkin is served by many top-ranked schools such as Piney Woods Community Academy Elementary, Dr. Terry Robbins Middle, and Piney Woods Community Academy High.
How to Buy an Owner-financed Home in Lufkin
Credit-challenged homebuyers can leverage third-party owner financing to get the home of their choice in the McAllen housing market. This arrangement not only gives you the flexibility to choose from any property in the area, but like a bank-approved homebuyer, you get a 30-year amortization period without the need for income verifications or credit checks.
Interested in learning more? Set an appointment with us today!