Independence Heights, Houston TX owner financed & rent-to-own homes
Easy accessibility, a wide range of affordable home buying options, and urban amenities with a suburban vibe are some of the features that make Independence Heights a desirable housing market in Houston. Like Shepherd Park Plaza, Shady Acres, and Northside Village, this small community of nearly 300 single-family homes is one of the residential areas near Inner Loop that you must explore if you are looking for affordable homes. The median listing price ranges from $250,000 - $300,000. You will find about 150-180 residential properties listed for sale here most weeks.
If you are looking to buy a home in Independence Heights, but struggling with credit, we – here at Shop Owner Finance – can help you learn how to buy any home here with owner financing – regardless of your credit or situation.
In this guide, you will get access to all the homes listed for sale in Independence Heights and nearby areas (77018 zip code). We will also discuss how you can buy any of these homes with owner financing.
Some interesting facts about Independence Heights real estate market (77018)
Here are a few reasons why you should consider buying a home in Independence Heights:
- Residential properties in Independence Heights have reported a strong appreciation in values over the past few years, so buying a home here may turn out to be a profitable investment.
- Independence Heights homes are zoned to eight public schools including Garden Oaks Elementary School, Burrus Elementary School, Hamilton Middle School, Garden Oaks Elementary School, and Washington B T High School.
- The area is easily accessible via Shepherd Drive, 610 Loop, Interstate 45, and many other main roads.
- Independence Heights is part of the Greater Houston area which is located in close proximity to Downton Houston and other prominent business centers such as the Galleria.
- There has been a lot of new development in the area, so you can easily find custom-built new construction homes.
- Despite its close proximity to Inner Loop, Independence Heights is a comparatively affordable housing market. For this reason, the area is popular, particularly among professionals and entrepreneurs.
Most Popular Independence Heights Neighborhoods for Owner-Financed Homes
East Independence Heights
Boasting some of the most affordable properties within Houston’s acclaimed Inner Loop, East Independence Heights offers mid-large-sized properties that can cost as low as $180,000. It’s bordered by major thoroughfares such as 610 Loop (North Loop Freeway) making it accessible to several commercial hubs.
Independence Heights Annex
Featuring a welcoming small-town feel, Independence Heights Annex offers a very serene vibe that’s unique among neighborhoods within the Inner Loop. Residents here offer easy access to some of the best schools and amenities within and around the downtown area.
Independence Heights Park
Being near the most favored commercial hotspots while enjoying high housing affordability is what makes Independence Heights Park a prime location for aspiring homeowners. Homes here costs around an average of $330,000 but there are several properties that are within the lower spectrum of that price point.
Best Places to Buy a Home Near Independence Heights
How to buy an owner financed home in Independence Heights
Buying a home in Independence Heights can be challenging if you don’t qualify for a conventional mortgage due to reasons such as foreign nationality, financial missteps in the past, or self-employment.
If you’ve saved enough for a down payment (a minimum of 15-20%), we can help you learn how to get owner financing on any home in Independence Heights or anywhere else in Houston for that matter. You can pay off your owner financing loan in 30 years at reasonable interest rates or refinance any time you want with a conventional lender without worrying about pre-payment penalties. There are no balloon payments, credit checks, or income verifications.
Interested in buying an owner-financed home in 77018?