Fort Stockton, TX Owner-Financed & Rent-to-Own Homes (No Credit)
Once a makeshift outpost for soldiers tasked to protect westbound travelers, Fort Stockton prides itself as a vibrant city that blends old-west history and the American frontier with modern urban living. It’s located at the heart of western Texas 330 miles northwest of San Antonio and 240 miles east of El Paso. The city is favored by longtime locals and aspiring homebuyers for short commute times (an average of 15 minutes), affordable housing, and its diverse options for entertainment and recreation.
NTREIS data last updated December 6, 2022.
Homebuyers usually struggle to secure approval for a conventional mortgage due to their credit situation, self-employment, or foreign nationality. There are no-credit-check alternatives available but most of these arrangements offer little in terms of housing inventory. Opting for an owner financing arrangement, however, can help you get the home of your choice in Fort Stockton or around the 79735-zip code area. This alternative offers a 30-year amortization period and there are no balloon payments and pre-payment penalties.
This guide will help you learn how to leverage owner-financing to get the home of your choice in Fort Stockton regardless of your credit situation.
Why Buy an Owner-financed Home in Fort Stockton, TX?
Here are a few reasons why should consider buying a home in Fort Stockton:
- The average price for a single-family home here sits at $237,000 with more affordable options that start at $150,000.
- An average of 100 houses are listed in the Fort Stockton area and these properties stay on the market for 10 months to 1 year. This means there’s more than enough time to explore the market and find the ideal home.
- The city ranks favorably in terms of travel time with residents enjoying an average commute of 15 minutes or less.
- The city celebrates its rich old west history through cultural sites such as Annie Rigg’s Museum, Historic Fort Stockton, and Grey Mule Saloon (now re-purposed into a wine tasting venue for the STE Genevieve Winery.
- Desert Pines Golf Course, once the putting ground for golfing legend Blaine McAllister, offers an 18-hole and a driving range. It also holds annual tournaments organized by local organizations and charities.
- Locals and tourists get to enjoy near-endless outdoor recreational activities through several community parks such as Gene Cummings Community Park, Matthew Quiroz Splash Park, and James Rooney Memorial Park.
- Fort Stockton Community Theater and Panther Pictures hold film showings and cultural performances showcasing the city’s rich history as well as its growing cultural diversity.
- Fort Stockton schools feature some of the most renowned campuses in the area. These include Apache Elementary, Fort Stockton Unit, and Lynaugh Unit.
How to Buy an Owner-financed Home in Fort Stockton, TX
Owner financing in Fort Stockton offers a feasible no-credit-check alternative as it guarantees immediate homeownership and access to an inventory of homes. Apart from the 30-year amortization period, it also reports monthly payments to major credit bureaus so buyers can rebuild credit and refinance with a lender without worrying about balloon payments and pre-payment penalties.
Interested in learning more? Set an appointment with us today!