Andrews, TX Owner-Financed & Rent-to-Own Homes (No Credit)
Longtime locals and newcomers who recently relocated to Andrews speak highly of how nice and welcoming everyone around town is. But the close-knit communities and low crime rates are the bigger draws for families setting their roots in the area. While it’s considered a small city, the 45-minute drive to Odessa and Midland makes it easily accessible to some of west Texas’ most renowned employment and commercial centers.
Andrews’ $265,000 median listing price is considered way below the state average but the market can still be challenging especially for borrowers with poor credit or unverifiable income. Buyers in these types of situations, however, can turn to owner-financing to get a home like a bank-approved buyer. This type of arrangement requires no balloon payments or income verifications even for larger properties.
This guide will help you learn how to leverage owner-financing to get the home of your choice in Andrews regardless of your credit situation.
Try a new search, or click below to get notified when matching listings become available.
Why Buy an Owner-financed Home in Andrews, TX?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider buying a home in Andrews:
- Universal City is considered an affordable housing market with a median listing price of $265,000.
- There are about 205 houses listed for sale here on an average month and these properties stay on the market for 80 days, giving homebuyers enough time to shop around for the perfect home.
- Andrews has a 20% lower crime rate and a 1% lower cost of living than the state average.
- Major employment centers in the neighboring cities of Odessa and Midland are a short 45-minute drive away.
- While Andrews is considered a small city, it offers a host of big city attractions including nature preserves, golf courses, and hiking trails.
- Andrews is home to 7 easily-accessible public schools including Devonian Elementary, Andrews Middle, Andrews Education Center, and Andrews High.
How to Buy an Owner-financed Home in Andrews, TX
Conventional loans are one way to get started on the Andrews housing market but alternatives such as owner financing are available for credit-challenged homebuyers. This arrangement offers flexibility to get any home of their choice anywhere in Andrews (as long as it’s in a loanable condition). There is no pressure to pay early since it has an amortization period of up to 30 years and it reports monthly payments to major credit bureaus. This arrangement also helps you rebuild credit, you can refinance with a lender any time you want.